The Education Committee met for the last time before merging with the Regional Institutes Committee to become the new (ta-da) Eduation Committee.
Susan Logue, as LITA board liaison, reported on the board meeting and shared information about the boardâ€™s assignments and expectations for the newly merged committee.
Included in the charge for the new committee are these points:
- Create 3-5 short online events
- Create liaisons to LITA interest groups for ideas
- Create an education committee wiki and supply editor for it from the committee members
- Create and maintain list of tools for educational initiatives
- Monitor delivery of 2 institutional repositoriesâ€™ offerings including an evaluation tool
- Goal for the committee is to have two new courses per year
Discussion by all members present centered on how to fulfill these assignments, whether it was possible to do so by a volunteer committee, and where to begin. The committee agreed on the need to do the educational needs survey first.
Mark Wahrenbrock discussed his sample survey that was previously distributed to committee members. He will collect questions from the committee members and compile them into a survey that can be sent to LITA members using Survey Monkey which is available through the ALA office.