The Tech Set has been named the winner of the 2011 Greenwood Publishing Group Award for the Best Book in Library Literature. The Tech Set was created and edited by Ellyssa Kroski and co-published by LITA and Neal-Schuman.
The Tech Set includes ten printed books, ten wikis, and ten podcasts by the following authors:
- Marshall Breeding (Next-Gen Library Catalogs)
- Sarah Houghton-Jan (Technology Training in Libraries)
- Jason Griffey (Mobile Technology and Libraries)
- Lauren Pressley (Wikis for Libraries)
- Robin M. Hastings (Microblogging and Lifestream in Libraries)
- Cliff Landis (A Social Networking Primer for Librarians)
- Steve Lawson (Library Camps and Unconferences)
- Kelly Nicole Czarnecki (Gaming in Libraries)
- Connie Crosby (Effective Blogging for Libraries)
- Thomas Sean Casserley Robinson (Library Videos and Webcasts)
The Award Committee especially appreciated The Tech Set use of “a creative, innovative approach” and the series “covering a wide variety of timely topics, providing a way to keep the topics updated and interactive, and for being written in an easy-to-understand manner for readers both at the beginning of their quest for information and those more advanced who want an overview and updated information online.”
Kroski is Emerging Technologies and Web Services Librarian at Barnard College as well as a writer, educator, international conference speaker, and blogger. She is an adjunct faculty member teaching emerging technologies at Long Island University, Pratt Institute, and San Jose University.
Karen Starr, LITA President, said “The expertise and work of Ellyssa Kroski and the ten Tech Set authors embody LITA’s leadership role in enabling and exploring new technologies for the use of librarians and information professionals in the 21st century. Congratulations to each of them for the recognition of their collective expertise, contribution to the core library and information knowledge base, and its impact on the national and local library and information communities.”
Visit Neal-Shuman for more information about The Tech Set or contact Kathryn Suarez at Suarez.kathryn (at) neal-schuman.com.