The LITA Town Meeting will take place on Monday January 27, 2014, from 8:30-10:00 am, EST. If you are able to attend in person, great! I’ll be happy to see you there! If not, I encourage you to participate remotely.
Here are all the links you’ll need, no matter how or when you want to participate.
- Information on what we’re doing at the Town Meeting: http://litablog.org/2014/01/how-has-lita-made-your-life-awesome-tell-us-at-hashtag-becauselita/
- The Tagboard where we are aggregating items with the hastag #becauseLITA: https://tagboard.com/becauselita
- The Google Doc containing the six different activites used during the Town Meeting: http://goo.gl/Jhnj50
- The Google Doc where we are sharing our work: http://goo.gl/j5jgo9
Additional online resources for remote users:
- Create a comic with Bitstrips: http://bitstrips.com/create/comic/
- Brainstorm: https://bubbl.us/
- Make a chart: https://developers.google.com/chart/
- Create a storyboard: http://studios.amazon.com/storyteller
I want to emphasize that this activity is very different than the types of activities that we’ve previously done at Town Meetings. Here, we’re trying to capture some real stories, pictures, and thoughts from members about how LITA has helped make their life awesome. This content will be shared with the LITA Membership Development Committee and our Emerging Leaders to shift through and find the shining examples that can aid in membership recruitment. There’s the potential for articles, pictures, or even a recruitment video using a variety of content.
On behalf of the LITA Board and the Membership Committee, thanks for participating, and I truly appreciate your time.