Are you interested in improving privacy in libraries all across the country? If so, we need your help!
The recently-released ALA Library Privacy Guidelines are a great collection of the standards and practices that libraries should be putting into place to protect users’ digital information. A small group of us is now working on creating checklists and resource guides for each set of guidelines in order to help real live library staff implement these guidelines with ease.
And we’re looking for volunteers to help! We need folks to help out with developing checklists for the following. We’re particularly hoping to find people with experience in school libraries and networked services, but we’ll take all willing volunteers!
- Library Privacy Guidelines for Public Access Computers and Networks
- Library Privacy Guidelines for Library Websites (social media), OPACs, and Discovery Services
- Library Privacy Guidelines for Library Management Systems
- Library Privacy Guidelines for Data Exchange Between Networked Devices and Services
- Library Privacy Guidelines for E-book Lending and Digital Content Vendors
- Library Privacy Guidelines for Students in K-12 Schools
If you’re able and interested in putting in a few hours to help us out with this project, pop me an email at email@example.com with what you can help out with. And thank you!