LITA’s Patron Privacy Interest Group has partnered with the ALA IFC’s Privacy Subcommittee to create new checklists to support library patron privacy policies.
The checklists cover:
- data exchange between networked devices and services
- e-book lending and digital content vendors
- library management systems/integrated library systems
- library websites, OPACs, and discovery services
- public access computers and networks
- students in K-12 schools.
Read the complete announcement at: http://www.ala.org/news/member-news/2017/02/lita-offers-patron-privacy-checklists-support-library-bill-rights
Find the Checklists at: http://www.ala.org/lita/advocacy
Thank you to Sarah Houghton and Mike Robinson for leading this effort.