Committee members have the opportunity to:
- Gain valuable leadership experience while helping to shape the future of LITA,
- Honor outstanding colleagues for their contributions as part of an achievement award committee,
- Encourage the development of future library leaders by serving on a student scholarship award committee,
- Participate in planning professional educational opportunities, including program planning and managed discussions, regional institutes and online learning webinars,
- Participate in planning publications including the LITA Guides, ITAL (the division journal), and multiple LITA web sites,
- Develop in-person and virtual networking opportunities through membership development activities,
- …and much more!
Please consider volunteering for a committee to help us meet our objectives and move LITA forward in new and exciting ways. For most committees, service does not require travel. I encourage you to explore the possibilities for yourself.
In addition to committees, I will be appointing LITA representatives to ALA and other organizations. The list of open positions is included in the committee volunteer form.
Volunteering can be easily done by visiting the ALA online volunteer form (login with your ALA membership ID is required). You must be a LITA member in order to volunteer for committee and representative positions.
To find out more about what committees LITA has to offer, please visit the Committee page on the LITA website. Don’t forget to indicate what committee(s) you are interested in when you complete the volunteer form!
Please feel free to contact either myself or the LITA Office (email@example.com) if you have questions about volunteering. There are still openings available on most committees and appointments will take effect in July 2012.
LITA Vice President/President-Elect