LITA is searching for a savvy manager for its WordPress blog: http://litablog.org.
This is the perfect volunteer opportunity to get more involved with LITA outside of the committee structure.
The blog editor would work independently and collaboratively with the Web Coordinating Committee and Committee Coordinator (Communications) to plan, coordinate, solicit, and publish blog content of interest to the LITA community.
Responsibilities (in coordination with above committees and team you want to pull together):
- Create policies for blogging and blog content. Tag and categorize existing and future content.
- Schedule, proofread, and post new content.
- Coordinate guest posts from content authors.
- Ensure that the blog remains active and free of spam, and moderate comments as necessary.
- Moderate comments posted to the blog.
- Must be a current LITA member.
- Experience with WordPress.
- Experience or a strong interest in blogging.
- Clearly communicate in writing and be proactive in soliciting and planning content.
- Willingness to commit to a 1-year term.
This position has now been filled. Thanks for your interest!