Scott Muir, Committee Chairs Coordinator, distributed certificates of appreciation for outgoing committee chairs and members.
LITA committee chairs orientation tip sheet is now online:
http://www.lita.org/ala/lita/litamembership/litacommittees/tipsheet.htm (embedded URLs)
http://www.lita.org/ala/lita/litamembership/litacommittees/tipsheetdoc.htm (printable w/ URLs displayed)
* New members should have all been appointed by this point. Valerie Edmonds has distributed new membership rosters. Contact her if you need one.
* We should encourage new chairs to attend committee chair meetings on Saturday mornings. One question is whether it’s possible to have new chairs added to the comchair list before Annual? Someone (Scott?) will investigate.
* In his new role as incoming Vice-President, Mark Beatty is now responsible for appointing new committee members (totaling about 200 people). Mark asks that we think about our current committee rosters, who’s new to LITA, who’s new to conferences, etc. for potential appointments.
* Mark Beatty is putting together a committee to appoint committee members. Watch for a catchy name.
* Reminder: LITA open house is a good way to meet potential new committee members.
* Virtual members: up to the committee chair as to whether they want to have virtual members. Some have decided not to.
* Get minutes out as quickly as possible after the meeting. If using the blog to post minutes, tell the web liaison so they can point to the correct spot for minutes.
* Pat Ensor mentioned that the committee chair responsibilities, while true, is somewhat out of date. Scott Muir will look into this. He also mentioned that the By-Laws committee is looking at revising the LITA manual.
Meeting adjourned: Saturday, June 24 at 9:23am