Information Technology and Libraries (ITAL) is the official refereed journal of LITA. Published since 1968, ITAL is a leading publication in the library and information science field. ITAL publishes material related to all aspects of information technology and libraries, including digital libraries, electronic publishing, distributed systems and networks, technology management in libraries, security, desktop applications, online catalogs and bibliographic systems.
The new editor will lead the ITAL Editorial Board in identifying a model for publishing ITAL as an e-only, open access journal. With LITA Board approval, the ITAL Editorial Board will move forward to implement the model. LITA seeks an editor for ITAL who can provide both leadership and continuity for the journal.
- The editor assumes final authority for the content of each issue of ITAL. Responsible exercise of that authority requires definition of and adherence to standards and scope for ITAL.
- The editor is responsible for the full publication workflow, from receipt and double-blind review of manuscripts, communication with authors, copy-editing and publication.
- The editor appoints and works closely with the ITAL Managing Editor.
- The editor chairs the ITAL Editorial Board Committee and is an ex officio member of the LITA Publications Committee.
- Must be a current LITA member and knowledgeable about current issues in library and information technology.
- Must have a publication record or background, which demonstrates excellent writing skills.
- Must have editorial experience. Experience in electronic publishing is desired.
- Must be able to attend ALA Annual and ALA Midwinter.
Although there is no pay associated with the position, the person will receive a stipend of $1500/year or will be reimbursed for travel and lodging expenses up to $1500/year, and receive free press registration for attending the ALA Midwinter meeting and Annual Conference. No reimbursement is provided for other LITA programs or if the editor is unable to fulfill stated responsibilities.
Submit applications by Tuesday, June 7, 2011 to:
Kristin Antelman, Chair, LITA Publications Committee
Associate Director, Digital Library
North Carolina State University Libraries
Campus Box 7111
Raleigh, NC 27695-0001
Work: (919) 515-7188
Fax: (919) 515-3628
E-mail: kristin_antelman (at) ncsu.edu