Friday, January 30, 2015
There will be 2 Pre-conference Workshops from 8:30-4:00 at McCormick Place in Chicago IL.
- Introduction to Practical Programming with Elizabeth Wickes, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- From Lost to Found: How user Testing Can Improve the User Experience of Your Library Website with Kate Lawrence and Deirdre Costello, sponsored by EBSCO Information Services
Costs for LITA Members start at $235 and you can still register at LITA’s Midwinter Workshops.
Throughout the Conference
LITA Committees and Interest Groups will be holding timely and vibrant discussions on topics such as linked data, drupal, games, coding, data-driven decision making, open source projects, user experience, library technology projects and more. Check out the Sessions web page as well as the LITA specific Conference Scheduler for more details.
Sunday, February 1, 2015
Don’t miss the Top Technology Trends Discussion Session 10:30 am – 11:30 am McCormick Place West, W183a. The conference panelists and their suggested trends will include:
- Moderator: Karen Schneider
- Marshall Breeding, Independent Consultant – Empowering underserved libraries through technology; discovery beyond the library.
- Todd Carpenter, Executive Director of NISO – Infrastructure demands of a growing or majority OA ecosystem; balancing patron privacy and using data to improve services.
- Casey McCoy, Program Coordinator at Lincolnwood Public Library District – Tech programming for youth, esp. girls; app-based home technology.
- Willie Miller, Librarian at Indiana University – Purdue University Indianapolis – Gamification; e-course packs.
- Carli Spina, Emerging Technologies and Research Librarian at Harvard Law School Library – Universal design; beacons.
More information about the program is available at the Top Tech Trends web site.
The LITA Open House from 4:30-5:30 pm McCormick Place West, W470b is an opportunity for current and prospective members to talk with Library and Information Technology Association (LITA) leaders, committee chairs, and interest group participants.
LITA Happy Hour will be 6:00 pm – 8:00 pm at Lizzie McNeill’s Irish Pub 400 N McClurg Court Chicago, IL 60611. Located 1 block east of the Sheraton Chicago Hotel and Towers 301 East North Water Street, Chicago, IL. Join LITA members from around the country for networking, good cheer, and great fun! Expect lively conversation and excellent drinks. Cash Bar. Bring your ALAMW conference badge to receive a 25% discount.
Monday, February 2, 2015
Attend the LITA Town Meeting from 8:30 am – 10:00 am McCormick Place West, W180 and join your fellow LITA members for breakfast and a discussion about LITA’s strategic path. The meeting will focus on how LITA’s goals–collaboration and networking; education and sharing of expertise; advocacy; and infrastructure–help our organization serve you and the broader library community. This Town Meeting will help us turn those goals into plans that will guide LITA going forward.