The Library and Information Technology Association (LITA), a division of the American Library Association, seeks a dynamic, entrepreneurial, forward-thinking Executive Director.
This is a fulfilling and challenging job that affords national impact on library technologists. As the successful candidate, you will be not only organized, financially savvy, and responsive, but also comfortable with technological change, project management, community management, and organizational change.
Interested in applying? For a full description and requirements, visit http://bit.ly/LITA_ED
We will advertise for the position in April, conduct phone interviews in early May, and conduct in-person interviews with the top candidates at ALA Headquarters in Chicago, mid to late May.
Ideally, the candidate would start in June (perhaps just before ALA Annual Conference), and there would be a one-month overlap with current Executive Director Mary Taylor, who retires July 31.
- Mary Ghikas, ALA Senior Associate Executive Director
- Dan Hoppe, ALA Director of Human Resources
- Keri Cascio, ALCTS Executive Director
- Rachel Vacek, LITA President
- Thomas Dowling, LITA Vice-President
- Andromeda Yelton, LITA Director-at-Large
- Isabel Gonzalez-Smith, LITA Emerging Leader