Kicking off LITA’s celebration year of it’s 50th year the Top Technology Trends Committee announces the panel for the highly popular session at 2016 ALA Annual in Orlando, FL.
Top Tech Trends
starts Sunday June 26, 2016, 1:00 pm – 2:30 pm, in the
Orange County Convention Center, Room W109B
and kicks off Sunday Afternoon with LITA.
This program features the ongoing roundtable discussion about trends and advances in library technology by a panel of LITA technology experts. The panelists will describe changes and advances in technology that they see having an impact on the library world, and suggest what libraries might do to take advantage of these trends. This year’s panelists line up is:
- Maurice Coleman, Session Moderator, Technical Trainer, Harford County Public Library, @baldgeekinmd
- Blake Carver, Systems Administrator, LYRASIS, @blakesterz
- Lauren Comito, Job and Business Academy Manager, Queens Library, @librariancraftr
- Laura Costello, Head of Research & Emerging Technologies, Stony Brook University, @lacreads
- Carolyn Coulter, Director, PrairieCat Library Consortium, Reaching Across Illinois Library System (RAILS), @ccoulter
- Nick Grove, Digital Services Librarian, Meridian Library District – unBound, @nickgrove15
Followed by the LITA Awards Presentation & LITA President’s Program with Dr. Safiya Noble
presenting: Toward an Ethic of Social Justice in Information
at 3:00 pm – 4:00 pm, in the same location
Dr. Noble is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Information Studies in the Graduate School of Education and Information Studies at UCLA. She conducts research in socio-cultural informatics; including feminist, historical and political-economic perspectives on computing platforms and software in the public interest. Her research is at the intersection of culture and technology in the design and use of applications on the Internet.
Concluding with the LITA Happy Hour
from 5:30 pm – 8:00 pm
that location to be determined
This year marks a special LITA Happy Hour as we kick off the celebration of LITA’s 50th anniversary. Make sure you join the LITA Membership Development Committee and LITA members from around the country for networking, good cheer, and great fun! Expect lively conversation and excellent drinks; cash bar. Help us cheer for 50 years of library technology.