Do you want to attend and participate in the LITA Forum?
The three-day technology-focused conference for everyone who cares about libraries, archives, and other information services? The 2017 LITA Forum will be held November 9 – 12, 2017 in Denver, CO. Would travel funding help you to attend? As a result of the successful LITA 50th Anniversary Scholarship Campaign LITA is offering six $1500 travel scholarships, to support new librarians or new to ALA/LITA technologists to attend the 2017 LITA Forum.
Scholarships will be awarded competitively based on the committee’s ranking of applications received by the deadline, August 20, 2017.
Selection criteria for the LITA Forum scholarship:
- Work with library technology in any role
- Provide library services to underrepresented groups
- You are a new librarian or new to LITA; from a diverse range of backgrounds and types of libraries; and reflective of the breadth of librarianship
- Have NOT previously received a LITA scholarship award
Scholarship applicants will be ranked highly if they:
- Belong to a group not well-represented in LITA, including but not limited to: people of color, people with disabilities, LGBTQ+
- Show interest in actively contributing to the mission and goals of LITA.
The scholarships are intended for people who couldn’t otherwise attend LITA Forum. LITA can’t assess your financial need and we trust you to self-identify accurately.
How to apply
Applications are due August 20, 2017.
We will notify you by September 8, 2017.
Scholarship selections will be made by the LITA Forum Scholarship sub-committee.
Thanks for the generous support of all who contributed to the LITA 50th Anniversary Scholarship Campaign.
Questions or Comments?
Contact LITA at (312) 280-4268 or Mark Beatty, firstname.lastname@example.org