The Privacy in Libraries LITA webinar series ends with:
Take Back Researcher Privacy
Wednesday May 23, 2018, Noon – 1:00 pm Central Time
Presenter: Sam Kome
Or register to get the full series discounts, which includes access to the previous webinars recordings.
During this hour Sam will cover:
- A review of ethics and challenges to them including laws
- What’s at stake: researcher vulnerability
- Mitigations: Easy actions to take immediately, and more robust actions that could take more time.
Attendees can expect to takeaway;
- Clarity on the topic
- Related ALA and industry ethics statements, federal laws and policies
- Scope of the problem: degree and types of researcher exposure via library and vendor systems
- Who and what are the enablers
- Conversation starters for different stakeholders
- Example privacy policies and other mitigations
Previous series webinars included:
- Developing Good Privacy Policies, March 28, 2018 with Sarah Houghton
- Wrangling Library Patron Data, April 11, 2018 with Becky Yoose
- Adopting Encryption Technologies, April 25, 2018 with Matt Beckstrom
- Analytics and Assessment: Privacy vs. Surveillance, May 9, 2018, with T.J. Lamanna and Eric Hellman
Questions or Comments?
Contact LITA at (312) 280-4268 or Mark Beatty, email@example.com