The Privacy in Libraries LITA webinar series ends with:
Take Back Researcher Privacy
Wednesday May 23, 2018, Noon – 1:00 pm Central Time
Presenter: Sam Kome
Register now for this single webinar.
Or register to get the full series discounts, which includes access to the previous webinars recordings.
During this hour Sam will cover:
- A review of ethics and challenges to them including laws
- What’s at stake: researcher vulnerability
- Mitigations: Easy actions to take immediately, and more robust actions that could take more time.
Attendees can expect to takeaway;
- Clarity on the topic
- Related ALA and industry ethics statements, federal laws and policies
- Scope of the problem: degree and types of researcher exposure via library and vendor systems
- Who and what are the enablers
- Conversation starters for different stakeholders
- Example privacy policies and other mitigations
Get the details on the LITA Privacy in Libraries series web page and register for the single webinar or the series.
Previous series webinars included:
- Developing Good Privacy Policies, March 28, 2018 with Sarah Houghton
- Wrangling Library Patron Data, April 11, 2018 with Becky Yoose
- Adopting Encryption Technologies, April 25, 2018 with Matt Beckstrom
- Analytics and Assessment: Privacy vs. Surveillance, May 9, 2018, with T.J. Lamanna and Eric Hellman
Discover additional upcoming LITA webinars and web courses
Questions or Comments?
Contact LITA at (312) 280-4268 or Mark Beatty, firstname.lastname@example.org