Monday, June 24, 2019, 1:00 PM – 2:00 PM
Location: Washington Convention Center, 146A
Marshall Breeding, author of the annual Library Systems Report published in American Libraries, has assembled and will moderate this panel of senior executives representing organizations that produce software or services for libraries.
Breeding will give a brief introduction and will then lead a lively discussion of technology and business trends. This year, the panel discussion will focus on issues related to the use of open source software for core resource management, repository, and discovery systems. Specific topics will be announced prior to the Annual Conference.
- Marshall Breeding, Independent Consultant, Creator and Publisher Library Technology Guides.
- Laurie Arp, Director of Collections Services and Community Supported Software , Lyrasis
- Lynn Bailey, Chief Executive Officer and CFO, Index Data
- Neil Block, Vice President for Global Open Source Innovation, EBSCO Information Services
- Brendan A. Gallagher, Chief Executive Officer, ByWater Solutions
- Mike Rylander, Executive Director, Equinox Software Initiative
Panelists will be expected to candidly reflect the perspectives of their organizations but not promote their products.
If you’re attending ALA Annual 2019, join us for one of our practical workshops and check out the full slate of LITA programming. For a quick 10-minute preview of LITA highlight events at Annual, watch the LITA Conference Kickoff recording.
Questions or Comments?
For all other questions or comments related to LITA at ALA Annual 2019, contact us at (312) 280-4268 or firstname.lastname@example.org