What library technology topics are you passionate about? Have something you can help others learn?
LITA invites you to share your expertise with a national audience! Our courses and webinars are based on topics of interest to library technology workers and technology managers at all levels in all types of libraries. Taught by experts, they reach beyond physical conferences to bring high quality continuing education to the library world.
We deliberately seek and strongly encourage submissions from underrepresented groups, such as women, people of color, the LGBTQA+ community, and people with disabilities.
All topics related to the intersection of technology and libraries are welcomed, including:
- Research Data Management
- Virtual and Augmented Reality
- Creative Commons licensing
- Open Educational Resource (tools and access)
- Data Visualization
- Supporting Digital Scholarship/Humanities
- Technology and Kids or Teens
- Managing Technical Projects
- Managing Technology Training
- Creating/Supporting Library Makerspaces, or other Creative/Production Spaces
- Diversity and Technology
- Accessibility Issues and Library Technology
- Technology in Special Libraries
- Ethics of Library Technology (e.g., Privacy Concerns, Social Justice Implications)
- Library/Learning Management System Integrations
- Social Media Engagement
- Intro to… GitHub, Productivity Tools, Visualization/Data Analysis, etc.
Instructors receive a $500 honorarium for an online course or $150 for a webinar, split among instructors. Check out our list of current and past course offerings to see what topics have been covered recently. Be part of another slate of compelling and useful online education programs this year!
Questions or Comments?
For questions or comments related to teaching for LITA, contact us at (312) 280-4268 or email@example.com