Do you want to participate in LITA AvramCamp, a one-day unconference for women and non-binary people working in library technology, at ALA Annual in Washington, D.C.? Would travel funding help you to attend? Thanks to support from individual donors and sponsors, AvramCamp is offering several $500 travel scholarships.
Scholarships will be awarded competitively based on the committee’s ranking of applications received by the deadline of May 17, 2019.
ALA attendees are encouraged to participate in AvramCamp if they:
- Identify as a woman or non-binary in a way that is significant to them;
- Participate in library technology (in any role);
- Can actively participate in discussions about women’s and non-binary people’s experiences in library technology, including talking about their achievements and the challenges they face;
- Want to work together and share strategies to support and promote women in the field;
- Are young or old; students or professionals; from a diverse range of backgrounds and types of libraries; and reflective of the breadth of librarianship.
These scholarships are intended for people who couldn’t otherwise attend AvramCamp. We can’t assess your financial need and trust you to self-identify accurately.
How to apply
Please fill out the application form.
Applications are due May 17th and scholarship winners will be notified by May 31st.
Scholarship selections will be made by the LITA AvramCamp Steering Committee.
Thank you to our generous individual donors!
We also thank our sponsor, OCLC, for supporting travel scholarships to help build connections for participants who would not otherwise have access to these opportunities