Active and Engaging
If you’re attending the 2019 ALA Annual Conference, join us for one of our practical workshops and check out all the LITA programming at Annual including the thought-provoking LITA President’s Program.
Friday June 21, 2019, 9:00 am – 4:00pm
- Sara Margaret Rizzo, Systems Librarian, Monmouth University Library
- Aisha Conner-Gaten. Instructional Design Librarian, Loyola Marymount University
- Anne Slaughter, Director of Technology Services, RAILS
This workshop for female-identifying individuals will start with looking at imposter syndrome and then allow participants to propose unconference topics such as salary negotiation, creating inclusive job postings, and becoming leaders in the technology field.
Beginning GIt and GitHub
Friday, June 21, 2019 12:00 – 4:00 pm
- Kate Bronstad, Librarian Web Developer, University Library, Tufts University
- Heather Klish, Systems Librarian, University Library, Tufts University
- Ari Gofman, Social Science Data Librarian, Tisch Library, Tufts University
Work smarter, collaborate faster, and share code or other files with the library community using the popular version control system Git. Featuring a mix of fundamentals and hands-on exercises, participants learn the basics of Git, how to use key commands, and how to use GitHub to their advantage.
Metadata Management Tools
Friday, June 21, 2019, 12:00 – 4:00 pm
- Michael Bolam, Head of the Metadata & Discovery Unit, University Library System, University of Pittsburgh
Participants will use hands-on activities to learn how to incorporate different metadata management tools into their workflows, discuss example use cases for each tool, and have the opportunity to collaborate on problem-solving metadata workflow issues.
Not attending Annual? You can register for just a preconference.
Questions or Comments?
For all other questions or comments related to LITA at ALA Annual 2019, contact us at (312) 280-4268 or email@example.com