The LITA Blog Editor has the following responsibilities:
- Recruitment and training of new authors as needed
- Developing a posting calendar and review process, and coordinating blog topics to ensure a wide variety of content
- Conduct regular meetings with the group
- Attend LITA Communications and Marketing Committee meetings as member
- Managing special topics, inviting guest bloggers, working with LITA leadership to post announcements for awards, scholarships, Forum, etc.
- Performing regular maintenance and updates of the Wordpress platform
- Marketing and promoting the blog in collaboration witth the LITA Communications and Marketing Committee
- Preparing an annual report to the LITA Board prior to the Midwinter and Annual meetings
Term of Service
This is a volunteer position that typically involves about 2-4 hours a month of work, depending on the editorial calendar.
This is a two-year appointment that may be renewed with the approval of the LITA Board. The Blog Editor is given free registration to ALA Midwinter, ALA Annual, and the LITA Forum.