Greetings again from the Steering Committee of Core: Leadership, Infrastructure, Futures, a proposed division of ALA.
Thank you for all of your questions and feedback about the proposed new division! The Steering Committee has been revising Core documents based on what we’ve heard from you so far in order to share draft bylaws and other information with you soon. We want you to know that we are continuing to listen and incorporate the feedback you’re providing via Town Halls, Twitter Chats, the Core feedback form, and more.
In our next Steering Committee meeting, we will be discussing how we can support the operational involvement of interested volunteers. If you have ideas on how members should be involved, please share them with us through the feedback form.
We’re working hard to ensure everyone can participate in the Core conversation, so please let us know what could make Core a compelling and worthy division home for you. Full details for all our upcoming events are below.
- Town Hall 3 — Tuesday, November 12, 2019, 11:00 a.m.–12:00 p.m. Central — Register
- Town Hall 4 — Friday, December 13, 2019, 1:00–2:00 p.m. Central — Register
- #TheCoreQuestion Twitter Chat 2 — Thursday, February 13, 2020, 11:00 a.m.–12:30 p.m. Central
- Give Feedback — Any time!
Miss any of the discussion? Catch up here:
- Town Hall 1 — October 9, 2019 — View the recording | View a PDF of the questions asked
- #TheCoreQuestion Twitter Chat 1 — October 18, 2019 — Read the transcript
- Town Hall 2 — October 22, 2019 — View the recording | View a PDF of the questions asked
- We Hear You Q&A
You can always stay up to date on the latest Core news by visiting core.ala.org, but we also need to hear from you. Members like you will shape the future of this proposed division — please participate in these conversations to help develop and refine Core’s division identity.
Your Core Steering Committee:
Christopher Cronin, 2019-20 ALCTS President-Elect
Tyler Dzuba, 2019-20 LLAMA President-Elect
Evviva Weinraub, 2019-20 LITA President-Elect
Lindsay Cronk, LITA Representative
Erica Findley, ALCTS Representative
Kate Hall, LLAMA Representative
Cotina Jones, LLAMA Representative
Ted Quiballo, LITA Representative
Chelcie Rowell, ALCTS Representative