Greetings again from the Steering Committee of Core: Leadership, Infrastructure, Futures, a proposed division of ALA.
The Steering Committee welcomes comments on the draft division proposal documentation through November 25th. Please join the conversation! Your perspectives and input are shaping the identity and priorities of the proposed division. We’re asking for you to respond to the documents with key questions in mind, including:
- Does this make sense to someone new to ALCTS/ LITA/ LLAMA?
- Does this piece of the plan reflect how members want the new division to function?
- Are there any points that are cause for concern?
If you’re interested in helping us in the review process or other work ahead, please consider volunteering for Core. We’re eager to collaborate with you!
We’re working hard to ensure everyone can participate in the Core conversation, so please let us know what could make Core a compelling and worthy division home for you. Keep the feedback and input coming!
Full details for all our upcoming events are below.
- Town Hall 4 — Friday, December 13, 2019, 1:00–2:00 p.m. Central — Register
- #TheCoreQuestion Twitter Chat 2 — Thursday, February 13, 2020, 11:00 a.m.–12:30 p.m. Central
- The Exchange — May 4, 6, & 8, 2020
- Give Feedback — Any time!
Miss any of the discussion? Catch up here:
- Town Hall 1 — October 9, 2019 — View the recording | View a PDF of the questions asked
- #TheCoreQuestion Twitter Chat 1 — October 18, 2019 — Read the transcript
- Town Hall 2 — October 22, 2019 — View the recording | View a PDF of the questions asked
- Town Hall 3 — November 12, 2019 — View the recording | View a PDF of the questions asked
- We Hear You Q&A
You can always stay up to date on the latest Core news by visiting core.ala.org, but we also need to hear from you. Members like you will shape the future of this proposed division — please participate in these conversations to help develop and refine Core’s division identity.