Greetings again from the Steering Committee of Core: Leadership, Infrastructure, Futures, a proposed division of ALA.
Coming up this Friday, December 13 is the last of four town halls we are holding this fall to share information and elicit your input. Please join us! Register for Town Hall 4 today. ALCTS, LITA, and LLAMA division staff will lead this town hall with a focus on Core’s mission, vision, and values; benefits organizationally; benefits to members; and opportunities in the future. Our speakers will be Jenny Levine (LITA Executive Director), Julie Reese (ALCTS Deputy Executive Director), and Kerry Ward (LLAMA Executive Director and interim ALCTS Executive Director).
We’re excited to share an updated Core proposal document for ALA member feedback and review, strengthened by your input. We invite further comments on this updated proposal through Sunday, December 15.
Meanwhile, division staff will incorporate your comments and finalize this proposal document for submission to the ALCTS, LITA, and LLAMA boards by Wednesday, December 18. Then at the 2020 ALA Midwinter Meeting in January, each board will vote whether or not to place the question of forming a new division on the spring ballot for a vote by division members.
This week is by no means the last opportunity to share your perspectives on the proposed formation of Core. At Midwinter, following the vote on the Core question by each division board, ALCTS, LITA, and LLAMA will host a joint board meeting open to all, which will be an opportunity for shared reflection upon the boards’ momentous decisions. Stay tuned for announcements about further events in the spring.
Full details for all our upcoming events are below:
- Register for Town Hall 4 on Friday, December 13, 2019, 1:00–2:00 pm Central.
- Join #TheCoreQuestion Twitter Chat 2 on Thursday, February 13, 2020, 11:00 am–12:30 pm Central.
- Get excited for The Exchange, which will take place on May 4, 6, and 8, 2020.
- Give feedback any time! What could make Core a compelling and worthy division home for you?
Miss any of the discussion? Catch up here:
- View recording of Town Hall 1 and PDF of Q&A at Town Hall 1
- View recording of Town Hall 2 and PDF of Q&A at Town Hall 2
- View recording of Town Hall 3 and PDF of Q&A at Town Hall 3
- Read transcript of #TheCoreQuestion Twitter Chat 1
- Visit We Hear You Q&A on the Core website
You can always stay up to date on the latest Core news by visiting core.ala.org, but we also need to hear from you. Members like you will shape the future of this proposed division — please participate in these conversations to help develop and refine Core’s division identity.
Your Core Steering Committee:
Christopher Cronin, 2019-20 ALCTS President-Elect
Tyler Dzuba, 2019-20 LLAMA President-Elect
Evviva Weinraub, 2019-20 LITA President-Elect
Lindsay Cronk, LITA Representative
Erica Findley, ALCTS Representative
Kate Hall, LLAMA Representative
Cotina Jones, LLAMA Representative
Ted Quiballo, LITA Representative
Chelcie Rowell, ALCTS Representative