Reminder: The deadline to submit LITA education proposals is February 16th. Please share our CFP with your colleagues. We are seeking instructors passionate about library technology topics to share their expertise and teach a webinar, webinar series, or online course for LITA this year.
All topics related to the intersection of technology and libraries are welcomed, including:
- Machine Learning
- IT Project Management
- Data Visualization
- Library-related APIs
- Change management in technology
- Big Data, High Performance Computing
- Python, R, GitHub, OpenRefine, and other programming/coding topics in a library context
- Supporting Digital Scholarship/Humanities
- Virtual and Augmented Reality
- Linked Data
- Implementation or Participation in Open Source Technologies or Communities
- Open Educational Resources, Creating and Providing Access to Open Ebooks and Other Educational Materials
- Managing Technology Training
- Diversity/Inclusion and Technology
- Accessibility Issues and Library Technology
- Technology in Special Libraries
- Ethics of Library Technology (e.g., Privacy Concerns, Social Justice Implications)
- Library/Learning Management System Integrations
Instructors receive a $500 honorarium for an online course or $150 for a webinar, split among instructors. Check out our list of current and past course offerings to see what topics have been covered recently. Be part of another slate of compelling and useful online education programs this year!
Questions or Comments?
For questions or comments related to teaching for LITA, contact us at email@example.com or (312) 280-4268.