Presenter: Becky Yoose, Founder / Library Data Privacy Consultant, LDH Consulting Services
Thursday, April 9, 2020
1:00 – 2:00 pm Central Time
There’s a seat waiting for you… Register for this free LITA webinar today!
Libraries across the U.S. rapidly closed their doors to both public and staff in the last two weeks, leaving many staff to work from home. Several library workers might be working from home for the first time in their current positions, while many others were not fully prepared to switch over to remote work in a matter of days, or even hours, before the library closed. In the rush to migrate library workers to remote work and to migrate physical library programs and services to online, data privacy and security sometimes gets lost in the mix. Unfamiliar settings, new routines, and increased reliance on vendor technology all puts library data privacy at risk.
This 60-minute interactive webinar will guide library workers in protecting patron data as they adjust to the new normal of working from home. Participants will also have the chance to ask questions of their fellow attendees or share how they are addressing library data privacy at their library in the webinar.
Learning objectives for this program include:
- Identify and understand key risks to library data privacy and security from a rapid shift to working from home
- Learn and implement strategies and tools in mitigating common privacy and security risks to library data when working from home
- Assess and plan how to protect library data while working remotely for the long term
Who Should Attend:
- Library workers working from home for the first time in their current positions or careers
- Library technology workers responsible in guiding library workers in securing their home offices while working remotely
- Library administrators who are concerned about how library user data privacy and security can be affected by shifting to remote work, and what their staff can do to mitigate additional risks
Register online: bit.ly/39uEzik
Special thanks to our sponsors: