Don’t miss a single one of the great LITA events at ALA Annual 2017 in Chicago, June 23-26, 2017
There’s so much good stuff, we’re listing just the highlights in chronological order. Be sure to check for more programs and details:
LITA at ALA Annual web page, and the
ALA Scheduler site, filtered for LITA
LITA AvramCamp preconference, an AdaCamp inspired event
Friday, June 23, 2017, 9:00 am – 4:00 pm
Facilitators: Margaret Heller, Digital Services Librarian, Loyola University Chicago; and Evviva Weinraub, Associate University Librarian for Digital Strategies, Northwestern University.
This one-day LITA preconference during ALA Annual in Chicago will allow female-identifying individuals employed in various technological industries an opportunity to network with others in the field and to collectively examine common barriers faced.
LITA Conference Kickoff
Friday June 23, 2017, 3:00 pm – 4:00 pm
Join current and prospective LITA members for an overview and informal conversation at the Library Information Technology Association (LITA) Conference Kickoff.
Executive Perspectives: A Conversation on the Future of the Library Technology Industry
Saturday June 24, 2017, 10:30 am – 11:30am
Marshall Breeding, welcomes this panel of CEO or other senior executives representing organizations that produce software or services for libraries.
- Sarah Pritchard, Dean of Libraries and the Charles Deering McCormick University Librarian, Northwestern University
- Bill Davison, President and Chief Executive Officer, SirsiDynix
- Kurt Sanford, Chief Executive Officer, ProQuest
- George Coe, Chief Operating Officer for Follett Corporation, Baker and Taylor Follett
LITA Imagineering: Generation Gap: Science Fiction and Fantasy Authors Look at Youth and Technology
Saturday June 24, 2017, 1:00 pm – 2:30 pm
Join LITA, the Imagineering Interest Group, and Tor Books as this panel of Science Fiction and Fantasy authors discuss how their work can help explain and bridge the interests of generational gaps.
- Cory Doctorow
- Annalee Newitz
- V.E. Schwab
- Susan Dennard
LITA Guide Book Signing: Melody Condron, author of
Managing the Digital You: Where and How to Keep and Organize Your Digital Life
Rowman and Littlefield Booth #2515
Saturday June 24, 2017, 3:00 pm – 3:30 pm
Don’t miss your chance to meet, purchase at a large discount and have your copy signed by Melody. This book is a much-needed guide for those struggling with how to manage and preserve their digital items.
Top Technology Trends
Sunday, June 25, 2017, 1:00 pm – 2:30 pm
LITA’s premier program on changes and advances in technology. This conference panelists are:
- Margaret Heller, Session Moderator, Digital Services Librarian, Loyola University Chicago
- Emily Almond, Director of IT, Georgia Public Library Service
- Marshall Breeding, Independent Consultant and Founder, Library Technology Guides
- Vanessa Hannesschläger, Researcher, Austrian Centre for Digital Humanities/Austrian Academy of Sciences
- Veronda Pitchford, Director of Membership and Resource Sharing, Reaching Across Illinois Library System (RAILS)
- Tara Radniecki, Engineering Librarian, University of Nevada, Reno
LITA President’s Program with Kameron Hurley: We Are the Sum of Our Stories
Sunday June 25, 2017 from 3:00 pm – 4:00 pm
LITA President Aimee Fifarek welcomes Kameron Hurley, author of the essay collection The Geek Feminist Revolution, as well as the award-winning God’s War Trilogy and The Worldbreaker Saga.
LITA Happy Hour
Sunday, June 25, 2017, 6:00 pm – 8:00 pm
This year the LITA Happy Hour continues the year long celebration of LITA’s 50th anniversary. Expect anniversary fun and games. There will be lively conversation and excellent drinks; cash bar.
See you in Chicago!