The Forum Planning Committee is looking for volunteers to help plan the in-person Forum in November 2020. This will be a joint event held with the Association for Library Collections & Technical Services (ALCTS), the Library Leadership and Management Association (LLAMA) and the Library and Information Technology Association (LITA).
We have openings on the following subcommittees:
- Accessibility and recording/streaming
- User experience & sustainability
- Website and marketing
- Work with the LITA Office to plan and hold the in-person 2020 LITA, ALCTS, & LLAMA 2020.
- The Committee will decide the catering menus, program content, the schedule, keynote speakers, preconferences, and social events.
Expected Time Commitment
- 1-2 virtual meetings each month, with more scheduled as needed as the Forum date gets closer; requires no face-to-face meetings each year; participants are encouraged to attend but are not required to be there in person at the Forum.
- Group members work an average of 5-10 hours per month.
- April, June, October, and November will be the busiest months in 2020.
Desired Skills, Knowledge, and Experience
- Program planning
- Designing attendee experiences
- Marketing skills
- Interpersonal skills when working with presenters
Please submit your name with relevant experience via the Committee Volunteer Form and specify the 2020 Forum Planning Committee before August 31, 2019.
Please send questions to Berika Williams, Chair, 2020 Forum Planning Committee, firstname.lastname@example.org.